Thursday 21 February 2013

Bellini Cooking - Yummy Carrot loaf


So I was back in the kitchen yesterday. This time is was to bake my Yummy Carrot Loaf, as requested by Mr 5. Yes he knows there is carrots in it, and he is happy to eat it - unlike anything else that dares to have even the smallest orange speckle.
 
This was the first time I have made it in my Bellini. I must admit, after never owning a food processing machine before, it's taking a bit to get in the habit of actually using it.
But this was the best my loaf has ever turned out - so I thank Bellini for that! 
 
Now you know my style of cooking - its "splash of this" "scoop of that" nothing is ever measured properly - so I'll try my hardest to share the right amount of ingredients with you. But just use your judgement. If you think you need a bit more or less, just do that.
 
 
Note *** If using the Bellini I prepare the carrots by steaming them first until soft. Then chop with the cutting blade until small pieces. I keep the cutting blade in for the entire recipe. If your not using one - I grate the carrots then just cook them for a few minutes in the microwave (with some water) just to take the "carroty" taste away.
 
Ingredients:
3 eggs
1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/4 brown and 1/4 caster)
Splash of Vanilla essence
Spoon full of butter
Squirt of honey
2 cups of self raising flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon ( I think I added a bit more than this - just happily shook away into the bowl!)
3 carrots
 
Add butter, cinnamon, honey, vanilla, eggs and sugar to the carrots. Mix on a low speed for until ingredients are combined.
Add flour and mix until a smooth consistency.
 
Pour into a pre-greased baking tin and bake on 180deg for about 30mins. Used a skewer to test if loaf is cooked through.
 
And here's a piece of mine! YUM!!!

 
 
And finally, I just had to share this picture of Miss 1 enjoying our Yummy Carrot Loaf. (piece number 2)



7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Mmm It was thanks @Green Tea and Cupcakes!!

      Delete
  2. Yum!
    I hate that I have to hide vegetables but if I don't hide them, Toddler C doesn't eat them!
    I recently made lemon and zucchini muffins that were a huge hit!
    I will have to try these carrots muffins too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! And they tend to spot even the smallest speck of vegetable hiding!! If they just closed their eyes and tasted it - I know they would enjoy more than half the food they reject!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for popping over, unfortunately I don't have yummy cake on offer like you do!
    Jille xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just popping over via the Bellini Addicts page. I've just cleaned mine after getting it out if the box, and hope to use it tonight. Will be back to your blog to check out your crafting, (and other Bellini recipes) once I've tried out my new gadget :-). lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Have fun with your Bellini!! I love mine! I now use it at least twice a day! Thanks for popping by my blog! :)
      - Nicole xx

      Delete